Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Manhunter" at SoD

I posted an obscenely long legal review of Manhunter #7 over at Suspension of Disbelief. When I started, I expected it to be relatively short, like silogamsam's review I linked to: Kate's tactics were bad, and there was a significant objectionable question. Nothing big jumped out at me at first, like having the prosecutor call the defendant as a witness.

But as I started writing my thoughts down, and paying closer attention and double-checking my copy of the Federal Rules of Evidence, I began realizing that virtually everything in this issue was wrong. Not a lot of questions were asked, but nearly every one was objectionable on some grounds. I could've saved a lot of space by skipping background info and simply saying things like "This question violates FRE 404" or "Federal jurisdiction doesn't exist," but like Mr. Ingersoll's column, I think it's more helpful to the reader to explain potentially new terms and concepts. I know I learn better that way.

I'd be hard-pressed to point to anything in this issue as a truly good portrayal of the law. For a "star prosecutor," Kate Spencer doesn't seem to do much of anything right.

11 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Crazy and Weird eBay Auctions, I was just blog searching and found you! I really like your blog. If you are interested, go see my Crazy and Weird eBay Auctions site. It's related to eBay auctions. Can you believe people really sell this stuff??

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Loren, I had been out looking for some new information on ebay auctions when I found your site and . Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Loren, Out surfing for information on ebay auctions & happened upon your site. While wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Loren, I had been out looking for some new information on online auction sites when I found your site and . Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Loren, I had been out looking for some new information on ebay when I found your site and . Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my australia private money loans site.
Good luck!

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ircgdahc.com/biny/lyko.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hcsvxuqi.com/ygln/vqwi.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ircgdahc.com/biny/lyko.html | http://iakyxnuo.com/zamr/vcke.html

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full featured online auction. Bidz offers superior service and an outstanding opportunity for buyers, sellers and affiliates alike.

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full featured online auction. Bidz offers superior service and an outstanding opportunity for buyers, sellers and affiliates alike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home