Tuesday, May 18, 2004

DC Solicitations for August

Let's see what piques my interest for the month following the bar exam. This isn't everything I'll buy, nor am I necessarily buying everything listed,

BATMAN: THE 12-CENT ADVENTURE
GOTHAM CENTRAL #22


I'm not a Devin Grayson fan, and I won't be buying any installments of the "War Games" crossover. But this, this is only 12 cents. I won't, however, be buying 100 copies, like I did with the 10-center.

Thankfully, GC's not tying into "War Games."

SUPERMAN: THE GREATEST STORIES EVER TOLD TP

No "Superman Red/Superman Blue"? No "For the Man Who Has Everything"? Hmm. I haven't ever heard of some of the stories included here, although the ones I recognize are indeed good choices.

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES VOL. 1: UP, UP AND AWAY! TP
SUPERMAN ADVENTURES VOL. 2: THE NEVER-ENDING BATTLE TP


Millar's run on this title was very hit-and-miss for me. Mostly miss. I wish they were collecting Scott McCloud's run in digests, instead.

THE FLASH #213

I hope they keep Van Sciver on covers instead of Turner. And I look forward to Johns' treatment of the Turtle.

IDENTITY CRISIS #3

I want to read this series, but at $4 an issue for 7 issues, it's a pretty steep crossover story. And while a tpb is inevitable, that's not the ideal format for a serialized murder mystery.

MANHUNTER #1

If I decided to take over Bob Ingersoll's role as comics' legal commentator, I suppose I'd have to add this to my list. I wonder if it would be my "Vigilante"?

PLASTIC MAN #9

Sales on this title are not strong. Please, oh please, let it survive.

ASTRO CITY SPECIAL

It's always a good month if this is on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home