Friday, May 07, 2004

Food for Thought

Tonight was my last meal on the UGA Meal Plan. For seven years, I've eaten my meals during the school year in one of the three campus dining halls. For five and a half of those years, I was on the 7-day plan. There are only a handful of people I know of who have been on the meal plan longer than I. It's actually become as aspect of my character, especially during the last two years.

Could I have eaten cheaper during those years? Certainly. But I wouldn't have eaten as well. When the food is set out before you, buffet style, it's easier to choose a diverse diet. Plus dessert with every meal. There was no preparation, and no clean-up. Given all of that, I'd say the price is a bargain.

But now I have to learn to feed myself on a regular basis. I see a lot of sandwiches, soups, and cheap microwavable meals in my immediate future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home